Cheers….it’s the weekend! In addition to wrapping up February, it’s Oscar weekend. All those gorgeous dresses on the red carpet. The acceptance speeches. The surprise winners! So, what a great excuse to have a little watching party.
NYC based event planner, Anthony Taccetta, who got his start in theatrical productions has amazing ideas to make you the evening’s “best host”!
For Academy Award-inspired fare, which pay homage to this year’s nominees
- Arrival: Tang-tinis, Mars and Milky Way candy stations, Meatball Moon rocks
- Manchester by the Sea: Lobster rolls, Fried clams, Mini clam chowders
- Come Hell or High Water: Texas wings and sliders
- Lion: Kathi rolls, Samosa, Dragon chicken
- Hacksaw Ridge: SPAM on toast (topped with caviar), Golden flaked corn dogs, Rice Krispie treats and M&Ms (both from America’s war years)To glam up your champagne, fill a glass with bubbly and decorate with a cotten candy topper or rock candy stir stick! Anthony suggests adding pop, fun and glamour with these award-winning ideas:
- The Golden Popcorn Bar: Buy several bags of different flavored popcorn (cheddar, butter, caramel, etc…) and place them in several square shaped containers to create a lavish popcorn bar. Or have containers of plain popcorn and bowls of seasonings.
- Mini champagne bottles: Either create a champagne table by placing mini bottles on ice or attach a straw and nametag to each for a cute take home gift.
- Film candles: Use simple tea candles and extra camera film to create decorative candles for the table
For more inspiration for any type of party, check out Anthony Taccetta Event Design! His creativity and elaborate parties are worthy of a standing ovation!
Enjoy the Oscars!