Tailgating season is officially here! Whether you’re cheering for your favorite pro team (we are Cowboys, Chiefs fans), your college team, your child’s high school team or are simply taking a fall foilage break, a well designed tailgate can really elevate the experience.
Tips for making the most of your tailgate:
- Spread an old blanket or tablecloth on the open tailgate
- Make a backdrop with mums or other storebought plants in orchard baskets that you can take home and continue to enjoy
- Serve sandwiches, mason jar salads, chips, caprese skewers, cookies or brownies…keep it simple
- Use heavy plastic or tin plates
- Use real cutlery instead of plastic & cloth napkins – they just hold up better
- Use picnic baskets, woven trays, vintage coolers and team coordinated banners for useful styling. Think varying heights.
- Always have more ice, beer, wine and bottled water than you think you need. Don’t forget the openers!
- Take your own trash bag, paper towels and towelettes for quick and easy cleanup.
- Share with tailgaters near you!