OK….you’ve found the perfect gifts. Now, the true fun begins. The wrapping! It’s definitely my favorite part. Here are some gift wraps from prior years (because I honestly haven’t started wrapping yet), but I thought it would be fun to share some of my wrapping basics.
- When possible, put your item in a box as it gives you a crisper looking package.
- To make things simple, choose a few favorite wrapping papers so you can coordinate your ribbon and tie-ons.
- Use 2 or three ribbons for each package. The main ribbon and then multiple smaller ribbons give your package greater interest. Little ribbon scraps are perfect for this.
- Tie something on – it could be an ornament, an initial or a sprig of something green
- Tag it! I am always on the hunt for pretty tags.
Some of my favorite sources:
Emily McCarthy: Holiday leopard wrapping paper
Sugar Paper: White boxes, striped ribbon and ornament & initial tie-ons
Watson Kennedy: Script hand tags
All She Wrote Notes: Merry Christmas, Y’all wrapping paper
Natalie Chang: Holiday cups
Paperfinger: Personalized red ribbon
Etsy: Personalized white ribbon
A beautifully wrapped present is a gift in and of itself!!